Cincinnati Domestic Violence Lawyer
Experienced & Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorney
Domestic violence cases are always taken seriously by prosecutors, regardless of the circumstances. At Herzner Law, LLC, we are committed to understanding all the details of the case. We will never pressure a client into a course of action. We explain the charges faced, the possible routes to take, and the possible outcomes.
During this time where emotions run high, and this accusation affects every area of life, trust a dedicated Cincinnati criminal defense attorney. We pride ourselves on being available to our clients. Phone calls, emails, and texts will be returned the same day, and whenever possible, within the hour. When the details and future are overwhelming, call us for legal guidance.
Providing the Passionate Counsel You Need
A domestic violence accusation impacts your relationship with your immediate family but may have other far-reaching implications. A conviction may impact employment, housing situation, and leave a permanent criminal record.
If you are facing a violent crime charge, keep the following in mind:
- Abide by the court’s orders: If there is a “no contact” order or a restraining order, follow it. This will show the court that you respect the process.
- Keep any documents: Preserve any text messages, email, hospital records, etc. This will provide hard evidence information to your attorney.
- Consider going to trial: At Herzner Law, LLC, we know that some cases, when litigated by an experienced lawyer, have a greater chance at a resolution.
- Call us immediately: Time is of the essence, especially when police have been called. Call us 24/7 for a consultation and advice on how to proceed in this difficult situation.
Defining “Domestic Violence”
Domestic Violence is defined under the Ohio Revised Code Section 2919.25 as any of the following actions toward a family member:
- Sexually oriented offenses
- Threatening force or harm
- Anything that would cause abuse to a child
This means that domestic violence allegations can arise from nearly anything.
If you are facing allegations of domestic violence, it is important to become familiar with the charges you face, the penalties associated with the crime, and possible defenses.